World War Two Study Guide
Prelude to War
- How did Mussolini become Prime Minister of Italy?
- Why did the the Weimar Republic Collapse?
- What Were the Causes of Germany's Hyperinflation of 1921-1923?
- What steps did Germany take to start the Second World War in Europe?
- How did Adolf Hitler become the Fuhrer of Germany?
- How Did the German Military Develop Blitzkrieg?
- Primed for Violence in Interwar Poland: Interview with Paul Brykczynski
- The Molotov-Ribbentrop Pact- Stalin’s greatest mistake?
- How Did Finland Survive the Winter War of 1939-1940?
- How did Winston Churchill become Prime Minister of the United Kingdom in World War Two?
- Why was France defeated in 1940?
- How did Joseph Stalin react to the German invasion during WWII?
- What were the goals of the Axis powers and the Soviet Union during World War Two?
- Why was Rommel defeated at El Alamein?
World at War
- Why did Germany lose the Battle of Stalingrad?
- Why did the Germans suffer a defeat at Kursk in 1943?
- D-Day: What Factors Were Considered When Planning Operation Overlord?
- What Mistakes did the Allies make during Operation Overlord on D-Day?
- Why did Operation Market Garden in 1944 fail?
Questions about the War
- What were Joseph Stalin's goals as World War Two ended?
- Reserve Police Battalion 101: How Did Ordinary Citizens Become Killers Under the Third Reich?
- How Was Hitler Responsible for the German Defeat in World War II?
- Was Leni Riefenstahl a War Criminal?
- How did World War II Lead to the Cold War?
Booklists, Author Interviews and Book Reviews
- Causes of World War II Top Ten Booklist
- Ten Essential Books Pertaining to the Holocaust
- Angels of the Underground: Interview with Theresa Kaminski
- Book Review: "Wartime"
- Book Review: With the Old Breed: At Peleliu and Okinawa